There are many ways to promote our website offline and online to gain more traffic and boost sales.To make online business a successful one,we should generate good traffic and aim at higher rank in the search engines.So,what can we do?
Offline Website Promotion (SEO) tips
1) Add your website in your business card along with the email,address and other details.Through friends, relatives, colleagues and through your business partner your business card may reach thousands of people. People who need your service or product will visit your website giving traffic to your site.I highly recommend VistaPrint if you want to create custom business card,you can choose the free version or paid ones.
2) Newspaper advertisement is always powerful. Especially, when you offer any special discounts or a product is newly introduced in the market you should inform the audience through an advertisement. Never fail to include your URL at the bottom of the advertisement. Since newspaper reading habit is there in almost every home, your website and product will reach them quickly. These offers and discounts will attract them to purchase your product.
3) Shopping malls, theaters, theme parks, beaches are the places overcrowded at the weekends. Choose such places and distribute pamphlets describing your business.
4) Brochures are the cheap and easy of exposing your business to the users. Keep the brochure in the leading newspapers which will be automatically circulated to the users.
5) Your business can be reached easily to multiple local audiences through banners creation.
6) Invite the audience to any of your business events and offer freebies or coupons to expose your product to them.
More offline SEO resource.
Online Website Promotion (SEO) tips
1) Optimize your site user friendly. Your site should allow the search engine spider to visit all the web pages.
2) Create backlinks through popular blogs, forum sites, social networking sites.Blog commenting are highly recomended,choose blogs that uses dofollow and if on WordPress,use CommentLuv plugin.Choose article submission directories and submit quality articles. All these things if implemented together will drive good traffic to your site.
3) Blog posts are effective when you provide useful information to the audience.At least update blog posts regularly.
4) Exchange URL with the sites that is doing good business,higher page rank and create backlinks through them.
5) Join forums and answer the queries put up by the customers. You will get a chance to leave your URL in forum sites as signature.TechMaish has listed 700 dofollow forums and you can gain from the lists.
6) Use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, mySpace ,LinkedIn and other popular sites.For automation purpose,we should use MarketMeSuite to schedule our posts to Twitter and Facebook,search local users in our niche or automatically tweet RSS feeds with unique branding.
7)Publish best blog post at Amplify or Making Money Online Social Network (MMO) as alternative way to boost traffic and expose your blog content to readers and potential customers alike.
Why am I using the term promote website? It is because there are so many people out there still doesn’t know what is the meaning of SEO.